Thursday, October 05, 2006

Who's right?

SG met his old friend for lunch. She was sharing why she left her former church. Her dad was giving her lots of pressure before her wedding, wanting her to give up Christainity. Her cell group leader and rest of friends not supportive. They refuse to come to her wedding, most prob 'cos they don't really approve her marrying a non-Christian.

Luckily, her good friend still supports her and allows his cell people to attend her wedding. In fact, she said, "I got more support from my husband than all my so-called Christ brothers & sisters."

Yes, it may be necc to make a stand on not wanting people to marry non-Christians, out of love. But when the storm is blowing so hard for her (so much so that she had to tell her father-in-law to expect her own dad not attending her wedding), isn't it more important to "love thy neighbours", aka stand by your fellow child of God?

Of cos, easier said than done. Esp when one's a leader & people will look up to your action. Maybe that's why her cell leader had to say "No" to her even when my friend asked her to come as a friend, not a church leader.

What can SG do for her? She said, "pray for me". Yes, SG will. And he will get Karen to do so too. In times like this, really remind SG of the song "Blessed Be Your Name" (esp the Bridge), which is based on the Book of Job.

Blessed be You name in the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow Blessed be Your name
And blessed be Your name when I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness Blessed be Your name


Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise
And when the darkness closes in, Lord Still I will say

(Chorus)
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name when the sun's shining down on me
When the world's "all as it should be" Blessed be Your name
And blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering Blessed be Your name


(Bridge)
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

No comments: